Ads by Hello Ads
Elecrtic Vehicle Equipment Hub
Buy EV charger, Lithium-ion Battery and all equipments from EVSEMart
state electric vehicle policy
KeralaKerala's electric vehicle (EV) policy envisages an ambitious target of introducing one million EVs in the State by 2022. The State has planned a pilot fleet of 3,000 buses, 100 ferries, two lakh two-wheelers, 50,000 three-wheelers and 1,000 goods carriers. The State-run KAL plans to roll out 8,000 e-autos a year. It has also tied up with Swiss e-bus manufacturer HESS to assemble and later manufacture e-buses, for which a memorandum of understanding (MoU) was signed. The plan is to make 3,000 e-buses for KSRTC. The KSRTC has already invited bids for 1,500 e-buses on wet lease this year.
Malappuram, Thiruvananthapuram, Ernakulam, Thrissur, Kozhikode, Palakkad, Kollam, Kannur, Alappuzha, Kottayam, Kasaragod, Pathanamthitta, Idukki, Wayanad
- ambitious target of 10 lakh EVs on the road by 2022
- A pilot fleet of two lakh two-wheelers, 50,000 three-wheelers, 1,000 goods carriers, 3,000 buses and 100 ferry boats are planned as part of EV adoption.
- KAL has become the first PSU in India to manufacture electric autorickshaws
- KAL will produce around 8,000 autorickshaws every year
- Almost 50% of the beneficiaries of e-autos would be women.
- Considering Kerala’s ambitious plan to roll out a million electric vehicles by 2020, the GST reduction from 12 per cent to 5 per cent and the income tax exemption of up to Rs 1.5 lakh for EV consumers will be a major boost to EV startups in Kerala
Electric vehicles off to a good start in 2019The government of Kerala has finalised an electric vehicle (EV) policy for the state. The Cabinet approval came with some changes in the draft policy. One aim is to procure 6,000 electric buses for the state road transport corporation by 2025.
In the first phase, EV buses will ply in Thiruvananthapuram. Other vehicles powered by electricity are to be progressively phased in. Charging stations will be set up.
An e-mobility promotion fund is to be started, with Rs 12 crore allocation. Around 10,000 electric autos will be given a subsidy from this year.